Friday, June 11, 2010

Lights...

On our way back from the house yesterday we got a call from Oz Design telling us that my chair for the Ensuite was in...they could have told me earlier as we had been there that morning.

So, today we took both cars so we could pick up the chair and our lights that had come in at Beacon.

The chair was gorgeous, being an Australian made chair I could pick any fabric or leather that they had in the store...good grief...decisions, decisions...too many for me to think clearly.  I had narrowed it down to a choice of two fabrics, a white with navy lattice design or a oatmeal coloured one with alternating gold and blue in a lattice pattern.  I liked both, changed my mind on numerous occasions before finally settling on the oatmeal coloured.  Am sooooo happy with it, it looks a treat.....and before you ask, no, I don't have pics as its covered in plastic and has gone into storage for the next few months.
Once we have moved I will post pics of all the lovely new furniture, especially those that i had made to order.

We had put all the lights for the house on layby in April 2009 and I had been paying them off until about christmas time. the manager at the DFO store is so great, she didn't order them for me until i asked her too, which was about 3-4 wks ago.
90% of the lights, lamps, fans & globes had come in, so to clear space in the shop we packed the back of the  Santa Fe with the lights and took them to the storage unit as well.
Just as well all the lights hadn't come in yet cos i don't think they would have fitted into the car as it was full to the brim.  Once at the storage unit we had to open each box to check that nothing was broken, time consuming and it was raining so we could only take a few at a time in there.  Luckily everything was fine.
There is only a handful of them left to come in, but as there's no rush we are not worried, the only worry is the two wall sconces that Tony ordered for the Home Theatre room, 6 weeks ago they were available but now they are a deleted item, the manager did a look at other stores and has found some at Watergardens, so hopefully we can get them cos it took Tony so long to find something that he liked for the room.

2 comments:

  1. We've found Beacon to be great. We dealt with the stores at Thomastown and Heidelberg. Both were happy to keep our things on lay by as long as needed. They have a great range, very happy with them :) Oh I cant wait to see that chair, it sounds lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.....I can't say enough about how good Beacon are.
    As for the chair....some might say its a lot of money to spend just for the ensuite but we love it.

    ReplyDelete