Monday, October 19, 2009

Let there be lights.....

So, if we couldn't have our squillions of downlights, we would have to have something pretty to look at, wouldn't we!

As i have said before, I love the internet, it makes it so easy to shop if you have some idea before hand what you are looking for.

I used Beacon.....my daughter and I were able to pick out what we thought would go in each room, write down the price add it all up....then die at the cost of it all, but at least it was still cheaper than the squillion downlights.

Off we trotted to out nearest Beacon store and started wandering around and around and around the store, made note of what we actually did like when we saw them in the flesh and what we didn't like, decided to try a different store....they actually had different stock, they all have the same basic items, but then it is up to the manager of each store as to what else they stock.

Went back to our local store...as it would be far easier to go there to make layby payments. The Manager there is so, so helpful. Explained what we were after and how long it would be before i required them, that wasn't a problem, I just had to let her know when my painting starts and then she will order all my lights for me.

We orginally planned just to get the pendants and wall sconces but ended up also getting our fan for the Alfresco and the standard lamps that we needed. Alot later on we went back and added Fluros for the garage as well as heating lamps for the bathrooms...to date i have nearly finished paying them off.

I love what we have chosen (otherwise I wouldn't be getting them now would I), we have opted for what I call a Provincial look, very old world, hopefully they will all go once they are up. I will see if I can find pics to put on the blog.....I know that not everyone will like my choices but then again they are my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment