Friday, July 22, 2011

Dining Room....

It has taken us 3 days to get the Dining room done....the biggest job was emptying the Buffet of all the glassware.

The first thing we wanted to do was to to put up the mirror that i bought off my step-brother nearly two years ago...for all this time it has been at my mums.
Suprisingly it wasn't that hard to put up...not when you consider that it is 8' long and about 3' high..darn thing weighs a ton too.
I must say...love. love. love the way it looks  :)

So, while the buffet was out of the way I painted both the window wall and the sliding door wall, both in the brilliant red that i used in the family room... ( I mean, what else do you do with left over paint?)...this required 3 coats...so it was a bit time consuming...but, teamed with the dark grey/black blinds it looks stunning.
What did i hate the most...putting all the stuff back into the buffet...
I also used the opportunity to move the wine cabinet out of the dining room and into the family room.  Looks much better.


Mirror with Buffet...we had the buffet build longer to accommodate the mirror

the finished dining room


Family room


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the updated pictures, I love seeing what people do to make their house a home.

    ReplyDelete